This section presents Kirin Holdings' financial data.
As of December 31, 2012
- Sales increased, mainly due to the inclusion of Brasil Kirin's profit and loss in the fugures for our overseas alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and to an increase in sales volume in our domestic non-alcohol beverages business.
- Operating income and ordinary income both increased, in part due to realizing improved profits in our overseas beverages businesss as well as achieving strong sales in our pharmaceuticals business.
- Net income increased as a results of a decrease in special expenses of loss on devaluation of investment securities and loss related to the Great East Japan Earthquake.
- Total assets increased ¥96.8 billion in part due to an increase in investments and other assets due to the market valuation of investment securities.
- Net assets increased in part due to an increase in foreign currency translation adjustments and net unrealized gains on securities.
- Cash flows from operating activities was ¥212.0 billion in part due to an increase of income before income taxes and minority interests.
Net cash used in investing activities was ¥48.3 billion in part due to an increase of outflows for the purchase of property, plant and equipment and intagible assets.
Net cash used in financing activities was ¥160.0 billion in part due to an decrease of repayment of long-term debt and commercial paper.