- The Kirin Group establishes risk management systems and works to manage risk to ensure that it can accurately identify and address risks with the potential to seriously impede the accomplishment of its targets or impact its business continuity. Priority risk areas have been defined that include risks related to new strategies or initiatives and risks arising from major changes in the operating environment.
- Group companies identify serious internal and external risks and formulate response measures as part of the process of establishing annual business plans.
- Kirin Holdings promotes Groupwide risk management. Specific measures to this end include putting forth the Group’s risk management policies, confirming that Group companies have effectively identified serious risks, and monitoring the status of response plans relating to these risks and their implementation.
Risk Management PDCA Cycle
Process for designation of serious risk
- Kirin Group companies, in conformance with the group risk management policy, identify and examine the quantitative and qualitative risk associated with their business activities.
- The Group Risk and Compliance Committee Administrative Office (Kirin Holdings Corporate Strategy Department) surveys and investigates all risks. The committee defines serious risks to the Group as risks considered to have a potentially strong impact, a high likelihood of occurring, or widespread ramifications.
Crisis Management and Business Continuity Planning
- In the event of a crisis, the Group Risk management Committee shares and exchanges information with Domestic and overseas Group companies to provide support and maintain group-wide crisis preparedness.
- In particular, following the Great East Japan Earthquakes in March 2011, we have maintained preparedness for large earthquakes or other disasters, and have enhanced business continuity plan (BCP) by re-examining expected events and scope of disaster preparedness.
- Specifically, we reassess our business continuity plan and provide disaster training accordingly, as well as implement measures to reduce procurement risks.
© 2007 Kirin Holdings Company, Limited.