Corporate GovernanceBasic View
Basic View on Corporate Governance
In line with the corporate philosophy and "One KIRIN" Values that are shared across the Kirin Group, the Kirin Group believes that achieving the "2027 Vision" outlined in the Kirin Group's Long-Term Management Vision "Kirin Group Vision 2027 (KV2027)" will lead to the Kirin Group's sustainable growth and to greater corporate value over the medium to long term.
Accordingly, the Kirin Group will develop a corporate governance system that is capable of effectively and efficiently reaching that goal.
The Kirin Group believes that cooperation with all of its stakeholders will be indispensable in order to put the corporate philosophy into practice and turn the "2027 Vision" that is based on this philosophy into a reality, and therefore the Group respects its stakeholders' respective viewpoints.
The Kirin Group will disclose information promptly to its shareholders and investors in a transparent, fair and consistent fashion, will proactively engage in constructive dialogue with its shareholders and investors, and will fulfill its accountability with integrity.
KIRIN brings joy to society by crafting food and healthcare products inspired by the blessings of nature and the insights of our customers.
A global leader in CSV, creating value across Food & Beverages to Pharmaceuticals
"One KIRIN" Values
"Passion. Integrity. Diversity"
Cooperation with Stakeholders
The Kirin Group recognizes six stakeholder groups common to all Group companies: customers, shareholders & investors, employees, communities, business partners, and the environment. We will keep in mind that it is essential to cooperate with these stakeholders for the achievement of “2027 Vision”. In addition, we will create new value together with all of our stakeholders in the process of turning the "2027 Vision" into a reality.
Policy on cross-shareholdings
- Kirin Holdings will comprehensively take into account whether there is a business management necessity and other factors and will not engage in cross-shareholding when such is deemed not to help ensure sustainable growth and boost the corporate value over the medium to long term.
- The Board will verify the reasonableness of the individual cross-shareholdings on a yearly basis. Concerning the shares for which the meaning of possessing has diminished, while discussing and negotiating with the cross-shareholding partner, etc., the Company will move to reduce such holdings.
- Voting rights on cross-shareholdings will be exercised upon deciding for or against each agenda item, taking into account whether a particular cross-shareholding will help boost the corporate value of the company concerned, and whether it will help ensure sustainable growth and boost the Group's corporate value over the medium to long term.
- In Fiscal Year 2018, five (5) of the Company's cross-shareholdings and five (5) of the cross-shareholdings in part were sold (proceeds: approximately 15.5 billion).
- As a result, the balance sheet value of the Company's cross-shareholdings is 50.5 billion yen as of the end of 2018, a steady reduction compared to 79.1 billion yen as of the end of 2017.
Role as asset owner of corporate pensions
- At Kirin Holdings, corporate pension reserves will be managed through a corporate pension fund. Kirin Holdings will develop an appropriate management system by appointing/assigning persons suitably qualified to manage pensions in relation to the corporate pension fund, and by having external advisors provide complementary specialized skills and expertise.
- Furthermore, the Asset Management Committee will monitor the management of the corporate pension fund; provide continuous, comprehensive evaluation encompassing not only management performance and other quantitative aspects, but also investment policies, management processes, risk management and other qualitative aspects; and revise asset allocation and management contractors, as necessary.
Evolution of Corporate Governance System
© 2007 Kirin Holdings Company, Limited.