July 9, 2007
Revision of Interim Forecasts
Kirin Holdings Company, Limited ("Kirin"), based on recent trends in business performance and others, today announced revisions of consolidated and non-consolidated forecasts for the interim period of the fiscal year ending December 31, 2007. The previous forecasts were announced with the release of the results for the previous year on February 7, 2007.
1. Revisions of consolidated interim forecasts (January 1, 2007 to June 30, 2007)
2. Revisions of non-consolidated interim forecasts (January 1, 2007 to June 30, 2007)
3. Reasons for revisions
- Consolidated forecasts have been revised according to the revisions at the non-consolidated level and to the good performance at the Company's affiliate San Miguel Corporation
- Cost savings on promotion and advertising fees, and delay in application for portion of the payment to second half of the fiscal year
- Better-than-expected performance at pharmaceutical business
Consolidated and non-consolidated forecasts for the full year will be presented at the interim results announcement scheduled on August 3rd, 2007.