April 14, 2009
Sale of Pernod Ricard shares
Tokyo, April 14, 2009— Kirin Holdings Company, Limited ("Kirin") today resolved to sell shares held in Pernod Ricard, as outlined below.
(1) Date of decision
April 10, 2009
(2) Reason for sale
Kirin's product sales contract with Pernod Ricard has terminated.
(3) Details of shares to be sold
- Company name: Pernod Ricard S.A.
Head office: 12 Place des Etats-Unis, 75016 Paris France
- Number of shares to be sold: 8,227,544 shares, which represent all Pernod Ricard shares held by Kirin Holdings Netherlands B.V., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kirin Brewery Company, Limited
- Percentage of total outstanding Pernod Ricard shares: 3.74%
- Final sales amount: To be confirmed
(4) Purchaser of shares
Le Delos Invest III (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Societe Paul Ricard)
(5) Sale schedule
The sale is planned for completion within the second quarter of the year.